- Platform Technologies
News, project updates and information
The University of Melbourne is committed to engaging with the local community and other interested parties. To ensure the local community is kept informed about progress on the project development, we have developed this website and will hold regular meetings with local residents and interested parties.
To keep you updated on the project status and upcoming works, regular updates will be added providing a forecast of works and potential impacts.
Current Project Update and upcoming works to 10 October 2016
A number of works continue on the site for the upcoming period. These include:
- Service diversion works to relocate a series of utilities and services within the site continue. This includes the future installation of a new services pit within the precinct at Gate 16. This requires saw cutting of asphalt and some excavation work within the precinct.
- There has been significant progress to the bulk excavation on site. Bulk excavation will continue on the site.
- Concrete work continues on the site with piling completed on the eastern perimeter adjacent to University High School and EBSS. Capping beam works also continue.
- A new solid timber hoarding continues to be established around the site to replace the mesh fencing.
- Traffic management procedures are in place including a traffic controller.
- Please note, the schedule of works is subject to weather permitting.
Residents meetings, briefings and presentations held to date
- 1 June 2015 - Community Engagement and Information Session (Public meeting) was held with residents at Bio21 Institute, University of Melbourne. The University presented an update on the proposed Bio21 Stage 2B Development Project and addressed questions and comments raised at the previous meeting and during the consultation period. Architects Design Inc presented latest concept designs. Download a copy of the presentation (PDF document). Please refer to the FAQ section for answers to common questions.
- 27 April 2015 - Community Engagement and Information Session (Public meeting) with residents and interested parties at Bio21 Institute, University of Melbourne. Download a copy of the presentation (PDF document) here.