A major focus of the Bio21 Institute is to facilitate programs that aid in the development of young researchers. We aim to provide them with a breadth of experience and skill to complement the depth of their disciplinary expertise.
Some of the programs and initiatives include:
- Supporting Institute-based research student and postdoctoral fellow groups including participating in leadership training programs and/or entrepreneurship training. The Institute has provided financial and mentor support for programs.
- Sponsoring career development activities and events for institute-based research students and postdoctoral fellows. These include IP, careers forums and professional development programs.
- Hosting a range of career development and networking events within the broader scientific community involving students and postdoctoral fellows.
- Supporting undergraduate student participation through work experience placements and Institute-based research programs.
- Financial support through postgraduate student travel awards that contribute towards the costs of attending national and international conferences or visiting international laboratories in interdisciplinary related areas of biotechnology.
- Encourage and support the organisation of Institute-based postgraduate, research assistant and postdoctoral associations and related activities.