A major focus of the Bio21 Institute is to facilitate programs that aid in the development of young researchers. We aim to provide them with a breadth of experience and skill to complement the depth of their disciplinary expertise.
Some of the programs and initiatives include:
- Supporting Institute-based research student and postdoctoral fellow groups including participating in leadership training programs and/or entrepreneurship training. The Institute has provided financial and mentor support for programs such as the Young Achievement Awards, Biotechnology Entrepreneurs Program.
- Sponsoring career development activities and events for institute-based research students and postdoctoral fellows. These include IP related workshops and careers forums and professional development programs.
- Hosting a range of career development and networking events within the broader scientific community involving students and postdoctoral fellows.
- Supporting undergraduate student participation through work experience placements and Institute-based research programs.
- Financial support through postgraduate student travel awards that contribute towards the costs of attending national and international conferences or visiting international laboratories in interdisciplinary related areas of biotechnology.
- Encourage and support the organisation of Institute-based postgraduate, research assistant and postdoctoral associations and related activities.
Applications are now open for the Bio21 Institute Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme
Two initiatives to support talented early career researchers
Wettenhall Establishment Award for 2014 application and guidelines information
Bio21 Inst / CSL Early Career Researcher Award for 2014 application and guidelines information
For both awards, applications closing date is 4pm, 25th October 2013.